Thursday, November 30, 2006

Did You Hear About The Time I Ate A Whole Cow?

When Archie Brown was a young boy, he loved it when his maternal grandparents came to visit in Texas, from their home outside Philadelphia. His grandparents loved Archie and his siblings, Cathy and Max. They thought Archie was the smartest boy they had ever met and they loved to laugh at his jokes.

On one trip, Grandpa Gabelle said, “I am so hungry I could eat a cow.” Archie said, “Grandpa, I know a place that will serve each of us a whole cow, and I promise I will eat my whole cow if you buy it for me.” His grandpa said he’d buy, so Archie took him to the Dairy Bar, the establishment with menu items, Brown Cow and Black Cow. The Black Cow was chocolate ice cream in a tall glass, with root beer poured over it, the Brown Cow had vanilla ice cream.

True to his word, Archie ate his whole Black Cow!

No comments: