Friday, March 23, 2007

Did You Hear The Secret of Our Long Lasting and Happy Marriage?

This is a story Archie Brown loves to tell!

My wife and I have had a long (39 years) and happy marriage, and I will reveal the secret in a moment. It is not that we don't argue or have moments of difficulty, or have not made mistakes. Those have probably helped us forge our bonds to be even more strong.

We have read a lot of books on marriage, attended seminars and listened to lots of advice. We have benefitted from that investment of energy and time in the hope of succeeding, not just staying together.


We have done lots of things to build our marriage and maintain the passion. I send flowers for no reason and she leaves little notes in places where I will find them one day and be reminded of the blessings of this woman. We play together and pray together and have common dreams, about which we talk--yes we try to communicate.


I am not the easiest guy to live with, I love to tease and I am a bit of a slob by nature, and I have never done anything wrong in my life (at least I can't recall anything). One day my wife was asked in my presence, "How do you two get along so well when you are so different?"


Her reply is unquestionably the secret to our long and happy marriage. She said, "That is easy, he is both of our favorite person!"






Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe to spinayarn



No comments: