Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Did You Hear About Memory Loss?

When I signed up to blog, I accepted the charge that the best way to blog, and make money at it was to be consistent in posting. I was a little concerned at the beginning that I would quickly run out of things that I thought might be interesting enough to merit a blog.

So I began a list of ideas. I keep a list in the desk at home, and one in the drawer next to my computer in the office. If an idea occurred to me, I would jot it down so it would not slip away forever. Usually the ideas on the list consist of a key word or phrase that will help me recall the idea.

Now, one of the ideas I wrote on the list at the office several months ago is, “memory loss.” I am sure there was a funny story or a poignant point that I felt would be enjoyable for the community. I have moved that idea to a new note card five or six times, but I cannot for the life of me recall what it was I wanted to say about memory loss! How funny is that?

Then yesterday I got an email from the guy to whom my wife donated the kidney last November. It was filled with stories and jokes about old age. I want to share some of those with you now, but I am going to keep moving the note to new lists till that original idea returns to my consciousness, or blogging fades from it! For now, I hope you enjoy these funnies my friend sent.

Reporters interviewing a 104-year-old woman: "And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?" the reporter asked. She simply replied, "No peer pressure."

I've sure gotten old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees Fought prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia. Have poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends. But, thank God, I still have my driver's license.

And my personal favorite: My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.




Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe to spinayarn



No comments: