Wednesday, March 28, 2007

How Would you Like To Be Stuck With A Name Like That?

But I have met some folks in life that had been tagged with names that I would hate to bear. For instance, in school in the 50's and 60's I knew a girl named Gay Dick. Honestly; this one caught lots of grief, even when gay meant happy.

I met a guy one summer whose name was Don Cherry. His nickname was Buster! Down the street from us there was a boy named Danny Rhodes. His dad was called Dusty.

I know you are going to think i am making this up, but in the summers in Arkansas, I had some dates with Rosemary Cox-her pet name was Rosie, and she attended Weiner High! It's true!

And a grade ahead of me in our school was a young lady named Anita Lott-and she married Billy Moore. There was also Anita Martini-a sports reporter in Houston. And later I met Lacey Ball-frilly touch for a good athlete.

When I was a kid one of the best athletes in our little town was Royce Wood--but then anyone would if they had the chance. There was a girl named Wanda Ride-when you called her name she said she would rather walk. In my youth group years ago was Les Orr--not a good name for a minor! And the last one I can think of right now was Cindy Lippert-affectionately known as SinLip.

Do you have any acquaintance with similar burdens to bear?

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe to spinayarn



No comments: